Thursday 21 June 2012

Serrote



In a couple of different shops around Lisbon and Porto I've spotted various beautiful letterpress notebooks. Turns out they're by Lisbon-based designers Serrote, who began making limited edition notebooks back in 2005 with one of Lisbon's remaining printing houses still capable of letterpress printing. Serrote have produced a whole heap of small-run notebooks exploring different patterns and textures, such as Milimétrico above (with 1mm lines for those with tiny handwriting) and Bolacha below, based on biscuits. They've also produced some books, including a pixelated illustrated book entitled Minho and a set of 12 postcards should you ever need to send an sms (Serrote Message Service). I haven't bought a notebook yet, as I can't choose which one I want and can't justify buying a whole heap of them, considering I still have a stack of notebooks from Muji and Keep Sketch to get through... As I said above, they're stocked in quite a few places here in Portugal but never fear, Dublin readers: according to their website their work is also stocked in a shop in the Royal Hibernian Way - hooray!


(Images via 1 | 2)